[thelist] GNU / GPL

Joel D Canfield joel at streamliine.com
Thu Oct 25 14:48:12 CDT 2007

> > Please do correct me if I'm wrong -- this topic _does_
> > interest me.
>
> Your choice of words here is slightly confusing.

Shawn, I feel like I'm right at the fringes of understanding your point,
but I'm not quite there.

So, to clarify, I hope: in response to Stephen's comment "if the GPL
makes me share my source code, anyone can use it", you're saying, "yes,
but your *financial* model should also be about the value-add stuff, not
just the code."

Am I even close?

(One of the points I'm making in my book on entrepreneurship is putting
money in its place, so all the intellectual property/money issues here
really interest me.)

joel