[thelist] intellectual property again (was RE: Findingthe company...?)

Joel D Canfield joel at streamliine.com
Mon Oct 29 14:34:43 CDT 2007

> Thinking in terms of property means sooner or later someone will say
> "that's mine, you can't take it and use it elsewhere."

But it *does* belong to someone. Are you saying it doesn't?

Calling it 'property' didn't cause the developer to refuse to give it
up; it should, in fact, have clarified things.

Your comment actually supports my contention that what *I* consider
intellectual property is just as much mine as my car, my books, and my
bank account. Because, when someone sees my intellectual property, I
really *hope* they think "someone owns that, and we can't take it and
use it elsewhere."

So, I really don't get what you're saying.

joel