[thelist] PHP Version

Santilal Parbhu santilal at scorpioneng.co.nz
Thu Nov 1 05:09:53 CDT 2007

Hi

I have been using PHP 4.0.4pl1 built in Jan 12 2001 for about two years now.
I want to use ctype_alnum  functions to validate input, but I think this
version does not support this.  Can anyone give me some advice about which
version I should be running.  I am learning to develop in php, but I am
certainly no expert in setting up php, and I would like to avoid a lot of
hazzles.  I am using XP.  Also where is the best place to download a new
version?  My current version is Abria Merlin.

Thanks.

Santilal