[thelist] Layout stability

Stephen Rider evolt_org at striderweb.com
Tue Nov 6 09:19:12 CST 2007

On Nov 6, 2007, at 7:03 AM, DAVOUD TOHIDY wrote:
> Please visit my portfolio at http://cssfreelancer.awardspace.com .
>
> I am wondering what your opinion is about it.  Would you please
> provide a feedback?

It reads as though you're trying to pack it with keywords (such as
"freelance").

Joe business owner doesn't care much about "CSS Standards" and
"XHTML".  He probably doesn't know what they mean.  Based on the
_visual appearance_ of the page, he'll assume you're not much of a
designer.  Boxy.  Boring Blah.

I don't mean to be overly harsh.  "Tough Love" this is. :)  The page
needs an overhaul if you expect it to drum up business for you.

Actually, this is the type of page that reinforces the common
impression that you can't have visual appeal and use standards at the
same time.  Sorry, man. :\

just my 2 cents....

Stephen