[thelist] CMS and Hosting

Brady Mitchell mydarb at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 13:52:07 CST 2007

On Nov 7, 2007 11:08 AM, Todd Richards <todd at promisingsites.com> wrote:
> Thanks Brady.  I guess I'm not familiar enough to know whether having a
> separate install of Joomla for each site is bad.  What do hosting companies
> do?

I haven't dealt with lots of hosting companies, but my experience is
that they'll install things on a per-site basis. Usually they'll have
a cpanel or plesk setup with links to automagically install specific
applications for you.

The nice thing about the separate installs is that each user can have
as much control over their own setup as they want without having to
worry about other sites.

IMO, the multisite setup of drupal is better suited to multiple sites
/ applications built by the same person / company than various
customers on a hosted server.

Brady