[thelist] getting page title with VBScript

Chris Anderson Chris at activeide.com
Wed Nov 7 14:48:36 CST 2007

> Probably caused by my
> forgetfulness/ignorance re: HTTP, but
> there really isn't a simple way to grab the
> page title as you would the URL thus:
> Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_REFERER")
>
> If not, mebbe I'll just assign the title as a
> variable to begin with,
> and use it both in the title tag and in the

The page title is part of the response, so the page itself is in the best position to know it (rather than the Server or Request objects)

Using a variable is the best approach

Chris

-----Unmodified Original Message-----
My initial research finds examples using regular expressions, chainsaws,
and in one case, a trained dog.

Probably caused by my forgetfulness/ignorance re: HTTP, but there really
isn't a simple way to grab the page title as you would the URL thus:
Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_REFERER")

If not, mebbe I'll just assign the title as a variable to begin with,
and use it both in the title tag and in the permalinkageness.

joel

http://evolt.org/help_support_evolt/