[thelist] How do I delete uploaded files in PHP?

Anthony Baratta anthony at baratta.com
Mon Nov 12 15:09:21 CST 2007

How are your resumes being posted to the site?? Are you using the built-in PHP File Upload functions?

http://us.php.net/manual/en/features.file-upload.php

I'm curious as to why you are using FTP at all. Are you receiving them via the web service and the transporting them via FTP to a specific location? Are the files local to the web server?

If you login manually with your FTP credentials can you see the files you expect? Can you delete them manually?

If the files are local to the web sever, make sure that the web server has the proper permissions on the files. You should be using this PHP function on files that are local:

http://us.php.net/manual/en/function.unlink.php