[thelist] SQL - hardcore... at least it looks that way to me, ...

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Wed Nov 14 11:38:40 CST 2007

Tris asked about some code:

Hi Tris,

At a quick glance it looks like this error:

>>7/8 PL/SQL: ORA-00918: column ambiguously defined

Is being caused in the select statement, here:

>>SELECT student_id, att_date INTO v_sid, v_att_date FROM Attendance a,
>>Student s

Because Oracle isn't sure if you want a.student_id or s.student_id

I didn't look much beyond that, so correcting that may lead to more interesting errors!  ;-)

HTH,
RonL.

(Sorry - Not sure why my first reply went out with no subject line - hamstahs in the servah again I reckon.)