[thelist] Floaty CSS

Dan Parry dan at virtuawebtech.co.uk
Thu Nov 15 11:02:42 CST 2007

Hi all

I'm having an issue with CSS that's probably really easy and elementary to
fix, but CSS isn't friendly to me... I have a holder (div) that contains 2
floated divs as per this diagram:

+--------------------------------+
|+-------+ +--------------------+|
||       | |                    ||
||   1   | |          2         ||
||       | |                    ||
|+-------+ +--------------------+|
+--------------------------------+

Now, how do I make sure that the divs (1 and 2) are always the same height?
They contain dynamic data and have their own background colours... If 2 is
larger than 1 then 1 finishes early (can't find a better way of saying that)
allowing 2 to expand vertically, eventually wrapping underneath 1...
diagram:

+--------------------------------+
|+-------+ +--------------------+|
||       | |                    ||
||   1   | |          2         ||
||       | |                    ||
|+-------+ |                    ||
|+---------+                    ||

So how do I get the height of 1 to mirror that of 2? Conversely, 1 may be
longer than 2 so also needs the same constraints

I hope that makes sense

TIA!

Dan

--