[thelist] Mysql connection failed

Santilal Parbhu santilal at scorpioneng.co.nz
Sun Nov 18 21:10:46 CST 2007

Thanks Chris,

I haven't had a chance to look into configuring the new instance of MySQL,
but I did have a look to see if there was any data in the new database.  To
my amazement, all of the tables from my earlier instance of MySQL and also
the users, passwords and grants were the same.  Somehow, it must have copied
them.  I don't know enough about how MySQL works to understand why or how
this happened.  So it does seem possible that your suggestion might be
worthwhile, even though you would expect that if the same users and
permissions are copied onto the new database, then access should not be a
problem.  I will keep on it.  Thanks again.

Santilal