[thelist] OT: Need a new laptop for development...

Arthur Maloney ArthurM at seipas.com
Sun Nov 25 14:36:19 CST 2007

Hello Bob,

Sunday, November 25, 2007, 7:57:49 PM, you wrote:

> Hi All,

> Sorry for the OT but I'm in a bit of a jam, my laptop that I use for
> development and client meetings has been damaged and I now need to purchase
> a new one.

> Can anyone make a suggestion as to a good brand, excellent graphics
> capability, and a work horse machine?

> I was using an HP Pavilion Windows XP Pro 2.9 GHz processor with 1GB of
> memory.

> I'm currently quoting HP again and Dell, I have heard that Dell has
> motherboard issues occasionally but I haven't experienced this.

> Any suggestions would help.

> Thanks,
> Bob

2 months ago I bought Zepto 6625WD 4G ram,2.2 GHz, 160G Hybrid HD  http://uk.zepto.com/Shop/Default.aspx

The graphics are the best I've gad. Bought with no OS. I installed
Vista Business 64 bit, don't regret it.
user Forum  http://forum.notebookreview.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1032

generally  forum.notebookreview.com is a good site for user opinions

--
Best regards,
 Arthur                            mailto:ArthurM at seipas.com