[thelist] OT: Need a new laptop for development...

Ed at ComSimplicity.com Ed at ComSimplicity.com
Mon Nov 26 13:38:59 CST 2007

I've worked in a couple of large Dell shops, and they've never seemed to have
any serious problems with thier support.  OTOH, when I needed a new DVD burner
for my out-of-warrantee laptop, they:

- sent me two wrong units
- refused to refund me after I returned both of the wrong units
- used obnoxious sales techniques to try to sell me a third wrong unit
- wasted over 12 hours of my time, waiting on hold to talk to one wrong
   department after another

I don't plan on buying any more Dell products.  Their units have always been
well built, but they obviously don't give a (bleep) about home-office users.