[thelist] widgets and creating an application for Face Book

Nan Harbison nan at nanharbison.com
Wed Nov 28 15:19:48 CST 2007

Hi All,

My client wants some functionality for her website, once it is up and
running, so that people can:

1. Put a widget on their computer desktop.

2. Choose an 'application'  connection to Facebook, as cargurus.com does.
They have a link called widgets, and one of the options is to make an
application for Facebook, it is called: Add Daily Drive to Facebook"
http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/widgets. You can add a "dashboard widget" to
your Mac computer too, the first thing she wants.

I think I can figure out the facebook connection, they have pretty good
documentation here:
http://developers.facebook.com/step_by_step.php

Making the widget is out of my league and I guess I will have to sub out the
work. But does anyone have a place where I can start to look how to do this?
Is this even in the realm of web development?

Thanks
Nan