[thelist] Joomla Virtuemart Tax codes for states with multiple rate types

Bob Meetin bobm at dottedi.biz
Mon Dec 3 21:04:09 CST 2007

I have passed this by the virtuemart forum, but no luck in getting this
fixed.  Virtuemart (eCommerce) is coded to set a single tax rate for all
U.S. states.  On their forum I found code to make it possible to tax at
a different rate for zips in the defined list.

If in Colorado (CO) base tax rate = .029
If in CO and area code 80516 (or any in an array of special zips) rate
adjusted to .082

Looks good but I cannot get the code to work.  I placed some echo
statements in the code (ps_checkout.php) if you go as far as the
shipping selection page. Is anyone familiar with this problem and
perhaps got it resolved?

Visit a demo at www.dottedi.biz/jvm13a

If anyone wants to take a look at the admin configs I will forward a
demo login/password.

--
Bob Meetin
dotted i - Internet Strategies & Solutions