[thelist] IE6 on XP

kasimir-k kasimir.k.lists at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 13:13:36 CST 2007

Fred Jones scribeva in 04/12/2007 17:07:
> What is advised to do to be able to test both IE7 and IE6 on XP?

You must run them on different machines - no other way. But the good
news is, that the machines may be virtual. You actually need only one
physical PC, the one with win2k, and run two separate virtual machines
in that.

<http://www.vmware.com/> have been doing virtualization for a long time
<http://www.parallels.com/> is what I use and can recommend - very fast
<http://www.virtualbox.org/> also available under GPL

> I have
> seen many times the 'trick' of multiple IE versions on one Windows
> machine, yet also criticisms that it doesn't work 100%.

I would strongly advice against that route. As it doesn't work 100% it
basically defeats the whole purpose.

.k