[thelist] how 'bout PHP? (was RE: using ASP to convert uploaded MS Word doc to PDF)

Jon Molesa rjmolesa at consoltec.net
Fri Dec 7 12:48:08 CST 2007

*On Fri, Dec 07, 2007 at 09:31:59AM -0800 Joel D Canfield <joel at streamliine.com> wrote:

> Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 09:31:59 -0800
> From: Joel D Canfield <joel at streamliine.com>
> Subject: Re: [thelist] how 'bout PHP? (was RE: using ASP to convert uploaded
> 	MS Word doc to PDF)
> To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
>
> > How about telling the user to save as another format?
Word can produce html, or xml.  That can be easily parsed with php.

> Well, re-educating the client is my least favorite option (I believe
> technology should serve us, not vice versa ;) but if it comes to that,
> I'll buy them a copy of PDF995 and make it easy for them to PDF their
> Word docs before uploading.
Check out pdfcreator http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/

Easy, OpenSource, and free.  Installs and operates like a printer.  I've
used it for years.

I have another idea for you.  I haven't caught up on the whole thread
yet.  But google docs has an api.  They accept word docs and can produce
pdfs.  But the info does pass through google.  Is this public
information or private?

--
Jon Molesa
rjmolesa at consoltec.net