[thelist] SQL SELECT and RegEx

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Wed Dec 12 14:13:21 CST 2007

Chris,

With Access you are severely limited.  Unless there are extremely uncommon
circumstances at foot, there's little to no reason to stick with that--I'd
highly recommend that you switch to MS SQL Server or something more
powerful.  Search for MSDE to find a free version of SQL Server.

Then, you can have access to UDFs, which then gives you the ability to use
Regex:

http://blogs.msdn.com/khen1234/archive/2005/05/11/416392.aspx

Joshua L. Olson
WAE Technologies, Inc.
http://www.waetech.com/
Phone: 706.210.0168
Fax: 413.812.4864
Private Enterprise Number: 28752

Monitor bandwidth usage on IIS6 in real-time:
http://www.waetech.com/services/iisbm/