[thelist] Convert RTF to HTML

Fred Jones fredthejonester at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 01:55:58 CST 2007

I have a set of 12K RTF files which I need to import into a Drupal site.
    I have a tool for importing HTML files into Drupal, and it works. I
have thus been looking for tools to convert the RTF files to HTML. I
tried several and the only one that appears to work well is this:

http://www.softinterface.com/Convert-Doc/Convert-Doc.htm

It seems good, but $500 is a bit much, for a one-time need.

I run Windows but a command-line Linux script I could also use as I
could boot into Ubuntu or use some sort of "Cyber-linux" emulator for
Windows.

Does anyone know of any such tool that works reliably and produces good
(i.e. fairly clean) output?

Thanks!