[thelist] Need SQL book recommendations

Jeremy Weiss eccentric.one at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 23:17:10 CST 2007

It looks like I'm starting to get into higher level projects that I'm accustom to, which is fine as it gives me an excuse to buy more books. But where do I start? Looking in my pipeline of projects I see that I'm going to need to learn

* more SQL (specificly MySQL), perticularly in the area of fancy queries (fancy to me, anyways) and stored procs.
* an how to build a matching / search engine type app (in PHP/MySQL)... closest analogy would be like a matching engine on a dating site, but for a totally different market with totatlly different fields.

So, anyone have any book recommendations for those areas? I've gone through all the book recommendations in the archives and found a couple books that look interesting, but not quite what I think I'm looking for.

Thanks.

-jeremy