[thelist] authnet - how do you store the required fields until they are sent?

ben morrison morrison.ben at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 11:10:16 CST 2007

On Dec 18, 2007 4:17 PM, Nan Harbison <nan at nanharbison.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
> Authorize.net (and other online payment systems) require a bunch of required
> fields, of course, and I need to first have the sign up form page and then
> the credit card info form page.  I have the form action as self, and if all
> the sign up info is entered, the credit card form shows up. Is storing the
> fields in session variables the best way to do this, or in hidden form
> variables?This is in PHP and MySQL. Perhaps it is easier to use a temporary
> row in a db? I do not plan to permanently store the credit card info.
> TIA
> Nan

Personally, I would have nothing to do with storing/sending CC numbers
as its a potential
security concern, you should just be able to get the persons details
verify them and then send them
to a secure payment gateway which verifies and processes the CC numbers?

ben

--
Ben Morrison
http://www.benjaminmorrison.com