[thelist] How do i set up IIS7.0 with a router?

Kevin Timmins kipper_timmins at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Dec 29 12:39:12 CST 2007

At the moment i have it by typing localhost, although that took some doing,

I am trying to link it up to www.kwebd.co.uk

I have got that through dyndns and i think my router is set up correctly, it
is forwarding all port 80 requests to my internal ip address.

I have never delved into IIS before, so this is probably why i am having
problems, previous to this i was using wamp5 server, which worked quite
well.

I will have a look and see if i can find something similar to that which you
mention.

Have you any suggestions as to books i could read?

Thanks again

Kipper

Hmm, it might e something to do with adding an IP address for the

website (Default?) to listen on.

What happens when you request pages at the moment?  Is there a URL we

can try?  You may need to add a host header to IIS if you're accessing

it by anything other than IP.

Ben

On 12/29/07, Kevin Timmins <kipper_timmins at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi there, ok I have just about got my head around configuring the router

> divert web page traffic requests to my computer, that all kinda makes
sense,