[thelist] [Bulk] Re: How do i set up IIS7.0 with a router?

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Sat Jan 5 10:42:35 CST 2008

On 3 Jan 2008, at 00:51, Ken Schaefer wrote:

> Lastly, ASP.NET isn't a programming language. It's an environment

> For corporate environments, or enterprise apps, then .NET without a
> doubt if the company is a Microsoft shop. If they are something
> else, then I'd be looking at Java instead.

Very much so - which means not only knowing the languages, it's having
an appreciation of a multi-developer environment where everything you
do can screw someone else (and vice versa). It means knowing
methodologies (the difference between waterfall and SCRUM for
example), build tools like Ant, version control & config repositories
(svn, ClearCase or something in between), deployment methodologies
through multiple environments (current project has dev, SIT, UAT, NFT
and production, and is building link test and DR environments) etc.

Cheers
Martin