[thelist] compression / uncompression

Bob Meetin bobm at dottedi.biz
Fri Jan 18 09:19:26 CST 2008

I have a client who is an engineer, incredibly intelligent.  I have had
to send large documents, videos, digital images, back/forth.  Frequently
the pics he sends me are poor quality.  He has said several times that
when you send pics through email, particularly ones that need to be
compressed to be attached, that there are bytes lost or that they lose
quality in the process.

Rather than argue (he is an engineer...) I just say that if it happens
it's negligible.  So be it...  So the question is, Is there any validity
to what he says?  Honestly I have not heard of this being a problem.

-- Bob