[thelist] February 12th, 2008 - A Glorious Day for Web Designers / Developers

Ken Snyder kendsnyder at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 11:20:46 CST 2008

ben morrison wrote:
> On Jan 21, 2008 3:30 PM, Jon Hughes <jon at phazm.com> wrote:
>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946202
>>
>> On Feb 12th, 2008, Microsoft is rolling out a WGA-free update, forcing
>> everyone to upgrade to IE7,
>>

> On February 12, 2008 Microsoft will release the Windows Internet
> Explorer 7 Installation and Availability update to Windows Server
> Update Services (WSUS)
>
> This is only if companies are using Windows Server Update Services....

This is great news, but I figure it will take a few years for general
IE6 usage to drop below 1% and a few more years for Government intranets
to implement IE7.  One of our government clients just installed XP SP2
last summer.  :P

Our government intranet application will linger in IE6 :( but hope IS on
the horizon!

I still say that the best thing Microsoft could do for IE is to scrap it
and acquire Opera