[thelist] Bit of javascript help

Dan Parry dan at virtuawebtech.co.uk
Tue Jan 22 14:48:05 CST 2008

I'll start by apologizing because my mail server is being weird and scary
and I may end up sending several replies by accident... Sorry

Now, thanks to all who have replied... There is a lot of stuff I need to
read in the excellent replies... for some reason I really can't get my head
around closures

> for(var i=0; as[i]; i++) {
> 	if(as[i].className == 'snipHelp') {
> 		addDiv = true; // ignore me, I don't affect this portion of
> the script
> 		as[i].onmouseover = function () {  xhr.showHelp(this.id,
> true); }
> 		as[i].onmouseout = function () { xhr.hideHelp(); }
> 	}
> }

Yes! That works perfectly, thanks

In my turning-to-cheese brain I decided I couldn't use the this keyword as
I'm also using it in the prototype function I'm calling... I heard the
phrase 'repetition is the hobgoblin of small minds' the other day and may
have taken it a bit too literally

> > PS I sent this earlier but it didn't seem to turn up... I hope I
> > haven't invaded peoples inboxes twice
>

> You probably have your preferences set to not receive emails you have
> sent to thelist yourself.

Emails sent to myself usually end up in my junk folder (maybe I only send
junk?) so I checked there too