[thelist] Save a blog site to DVD?

nick brogna nick at wemakepretty.com
Wed Jan 23 21:14:30 CST 2008

SiteSucker will do exactly what you ask, but there are other options
depending on what OS you are using.

If you are on Windows, HTTrack (http://www.httrack.com/) may be what
you are looking for (GPL'd, too so it's free!).

On Linux/UNIX, you should be able to do it directly with wget:
wget --html-extension --convert-links --mirror http://www.exampledomain.com

Keep in mind that this is only going to be saving HTML copies of all
your pages (and images and other resources), so any web applications
or other CGIs are only going to be saved as their static output, not
as a functioning application. (but I am sure you already knew that)

Cheers,
Nick Brogna
Senior Project Manager
Jepson Technologies, Inc.
www.jepsontech.com

PS - My first attempt to send disappeared down the tubes, but in case
the first one gets dislodged sorry if this is a repeat.