[thelist] OT: Need a new laptop for development...

Jono Jono at charlestonwebsolutions.com
Mon Feb 4 20:19:22 CST 2008

The Apple mouse has a right-click which is configurable in the System
options.  Apple's mouse looks like it has one button, but it actually
has 5: left, right, scroll wheel (more of a scroll ball) and then a
secondary left and right button.

Personally, I have opted for a Logitech mouse for my Mac and have never
used the Apple stock mouse, except for in Best Buy and Apple Stores.

As for the laptop, coming from a Mac guy who has had to use a Dell for
the past 2.5 years (at full time job), I recommend a MacBook Pro.
Stability-wise, there is not contest.  The Dell crashes way more often
than my Mac and I run the Mac much harder.  That might just be me;  I
tend to run a lot of apps at once, that's how I like to work...be it on
a Mac or a PC.

--

*JONO YOUNG*
Designer | Developer | Illustrator