[thelist] creating icons

Mark Joslyn Mark.Joslyn at SolimarSystems.com
Tue Feb 12 13:11:04 CST 2008

If you are using Visual Studio for your C# project, you can go the .PNG
route. I assume you need transparency support - hence the use of .GIF -.PNG
files support transparency. My developers used to ask me for .ICO files all
the time (IconWorkshop), but now all they use is PNG files.

I also think there is a Photoshop plugin that allows you to export .ICO
files - and there is also GIF Movie Gear by Gamani.

markJ

-----Original Message-----
From: thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org
[mailto:thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org] On Behalf Of Lightening
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 11:05 AM
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: [thelist] creating icons

I have created a very nice icon in Illustrator. It is currently a .gif file.

I am trying to get it into .ico so it can be used by a c# program.

I have downloaded several freeware programs in an effort to convert it from
.gif to .ico.

Each program promises the capacity to convert between formats, but of those
I've downloaded, some cannot read .gif, and other cannot create .ico!

Can anyone advise me on a product I can use, or how to do this with the
products I have now?

I've got Illustrator, Photoshop, Pixillion, and IconEasel.

thanks for your help

Laura

http://evolt.org/help_support_evolt/