[thelist] OffTopic - SQL Licensing

Ken Schaefer Ken at adOpenStatic.com
Tue Feb 12 17:42:07 CST 2008

If you are buying Microsoft Office Sharepoint Server (MOSS2007) then you'd need the MOSS server license, and appropriate Sharepoint CALs for your clients. AFAIK, you don't need to then buy separate SQL Server CALs as well, but you'd need an SQL Server license of some kind depending on what version of SQL Server you are using.


-----Original Message-----
From: thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org [mailto:thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org] On Behalf Of j s
Sent: Wednesday, 13 February 2008 5:59 AM
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: Re: [thelist] OffTopic - SQL Licensing

We're going to start using Sharepoint and knowing these guys they will want to use versioning - which will use up the free SQL express 4 Gig fast.  There's 225 people in the company - but I can only see at the most 15/20 trying to pull stuff out of the database at 1 time.


----- Original Message ----
From: David Menzel <DavidM at circlebroach.net>
To: "thelist at lists.evolt.org" <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 11:38:32 AM
Subject: Re: [thelist] OffTopic - SQL Licensing

j s wrote:
> Hi,
> Anyone know about SQL licensing?  I'm supposed to price out a SQL Server.  It will be used on an inhouse intranet.  About 15 users would access the information at the same time.
> Jess
You could also consider the open-source alternatives such as MySQL and
Postgresql. I use MySQL most of the time personally. Cross platform and

More information about the thelist mailing list