[thelist] Avoiding Downstream Caching from AJAX Request

Chris Marsh chris.marsh at priocept.com
Mon Feb 18 11:50:01 CST 2008

Chaps

> > >Am I correct in saying that including the following HTTP request
> header
> > >will ensure that downstream caching is *not* performed for this
> > >resource?
> >
> > Well I'm not sure about IE.
>
> Works in IE too, part of the spec (see #section-3.4 also):
>
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2396#section-3.3

Unfortunately this isn't an option for me, as far as I can see. I've
been informed that ISA server caches requests based on URL including the
query string. This means that if I take the suggested approach, ISA
server will cache every single request, none of which will ever be
requested again. This is prohibitive, based on the projected traffic.

Does this mean that it is _impossible_ to override default caching
behaviour when using AJAX techniques. Surely not?

Thanks for the assistance!

Chris Marsh
chris.marsh at priocept.com

Tel: +44 (0)1344 845454
Mob: +44 (0)7920 461192

Confidentiality notice:
This email and/or any attached document(s) is confidential and intended
only for the person to which it is addressed. It may contain privileged
and/or confidential information. Any review, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of this information by persons other than the
intended recipient is prohibited.