[thelist] faxing online orders?

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Fri Feb 22 15:25:57 CST 2008

On 22 Feb 2008, at 21:09, Joel D Canfield wrote:

>> know of an elegant solution here (besides convincing him to just
>> put a
>> cheap computer in there to check emails and print them, he won't go
>> for that for some reason)?
>
> Computerless email printer:
>
>    http://www.hammacher.com/publish/73357.asp
>
> I've considered one for my computer-phobic mom.

Presumably only if it also works on broadband, and the frequency
checking is user-definable.

Other than that, I'd go with the cost-justification of mail->fax on a
per-order basis; if each one costs $0.x, and you get an extra N orders
a month, do you still make more money? You'd need some mail-filtering
server-side, mind... otherwise you're opening yourself up to a costly
spam-bucket.

Cheers
Martin