[thelist] faxing online orders?

Mark Groen evolt at markgroen.com
Mon Feb 25 11:27:15 CST 2008

On February 25, 2008 Ron and Joel wrote:

> I don't ever want to be the person who convinces a technophobic
> client to use technology they're not already using. The day you
> do, you've adopted an unpaid lifelong tech support gig.

+1 on that.

> (The game may be afoot ... but the solution has yet to step forward.)

Kind of makes sense that the wheel for your client was invented long ago,
coverage list is fairly extensive:

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/internet-services/fax-faq/

http://www.tpc.int/fax_cover_auto.html

And this:
http://ws.interfax.net/

Long story short as I see it so far... like pushing any content onto the other
parts of the phone system you need a gateway. In your case appears the html
form needs to connect to someone that is supplying a "fax server", in which
case your options are likely reliability and price sensitive more than
anything else.
--
cheers,

	Mark