[thelist] post variable availability

Symeon Charalabides symeon at systasis.com
Thu Feb 28 12:38:34 CST 2008

> I think what I am doing wrong is - I have a form submit to itself, and then
> it shows sign up options on a form and then you submit again, and then it
> shows a credit card form, so I guess I am getting the form elements from
> first form.

What probably happens is that the 3rd form does not get the data from the 1st
form because you don't expressly forward them on in the second form. Similarly,
the 4th gets only the data of the 3rd, not the 1st or 2nd, and so on.

> So do I store the values that I keep needing as the process continues as
> session variables? I always feel guilty when I do that, like it is the
> cowards way out.

How about
- using a different page for each form?
- storing each form's data in hidden inputs for forwarding?
- explicitly rePOSTing all $_POST data with each submit?

I can't recommend either way as better than the rest, it depends on your
application.

Symeon Charalabides (cosmopolite trainee)