[thelist] Linux n00b problem

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Sun Mar 2 20:30:44 CST 2008

On 2008/03/03 15:14 (GMT+1300) Paul Bennett apparently typed:

> I had a blinking cursor, but it wouldn't accept any input :)

> I'm officially renaming this thread: "Ubuntu: it just darn well works" -even picked up my wireless card and modem (something no other distro I've used has been able to do)

We still don't know if the comparison is fair, because we know nothing about
the age of your hardware, or the age of the Ubuntu you chose.

OTOH, some things in Ubuntu most assuredly do not just work, much less well.
I'm unaware of any other distro that has the following widely experienced
problem: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/129910
--
"Let us not love with words or in talk only.
Let us love by what we do." 1 John 3:18 NLV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409