[thelist] Ubuntu - installing packages from cd

David Hamilton davidhamilton3 at sympatico.ca
Mon Mar 3 18:36:15 CST 2008

You can try System-> Administration-> Synaptic Package Manager. If all
you have is the cd I believe it will only check that( In Settings->
Repositories you may have to uncheck everything and add the cd) . In
Synaptic go to Edit-> Mark packages by task , and select LAMP server -
again I believe those packages are on the cd and and they will be
installed.

As far as upgrading, you'll probably need an internet connection. I've
done it before and it usually takes a couple of hours.

hth
David