[thelist] Ubuntu - installing packages from cd

David Hamilton davidhamilton3 at sympatico.ca
Mon Mar 3 18:36:15 CST 2008

You can try System-> Administration-> Synaptic Package Manager. If all
you have is the cd I believe it will only check that( In Settings->
Repositories you may have to uncheck everything and add the cd) . In
Synaptic go to Edit-> Mark packages by task , and select LAMP server -
again I believe those packages are on the cd and and they will be

As far as upgrading, you'll probably need an internet connection. I've
done it before and it usually takes a couple of hours.