[thelist] ASP.Net - Setting up SQL Express

Ken Schaefer Ken at adOpenStatic.com
Tue Mar 4 22:01:49 CST 2008

Hi,

What is "over the network"?

When you say "you have setup a login" - what exactly did you do?

What is the exact error message you are getting?

When you say you want to use impersonation - which user are you impersonating?

Cheers
Ken

-----Original Message-----
From: thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org [mailto:thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org] On Behalf Of j s
Sent: Wednesday, 5 March 2008 9:12 AM
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: [thelist] ASP.Net - Setting up SQL Express

Hello,

I'm having an incredibly difficult time setting up sql express for and .net windows authetication.  Does anyone know of a really complete guide to do this?  It's over a network - sql express is on c: and the intranet sits on d: of the server.  I've been using impersonation and an error msg comes up Cannot open database aspnetdb requested by the login.  The login failed.  I've created a login for this on sql express - but it's not working.

Thx

http://evolt.org/help_support_evolt/