[thelist] site check please

Nan Harbison nan at nanharbison.com
Wed Mar 5 05:46:03 CST 2008

I am stuck with the small boxes for name and password at the top of the
page. This is what the graphics designer specified. I would have made them
larger and allowed for a place to say "Username" and "Password" OUTSIDE the
text boxes! Doing it the way I had to do it was a big pain.

Also, I would have allowed space on the home page to let visitors know what
the * this site is for. I think graphics artists should work hand in hand
with the coders because they don't look at the site from a usability point
of view, but that is another topic!

I know there are spacing issues in FF, I haven't dealt with those yet, I am
trying to get all the functionality working, which most of it is, the credit
card payment isn't working yet, I am still in test mode with the payment
gateway. My client would like that to be finished so people can sign up and
give us feedback.

Thanks for your input.

PS. I have a free subscription to Information Week and this week I had four
coupons attached to it to give out to colleagues for free subscriptions. The
coupon just says to go to http://go.iweek.com and follow the onscreen
prompts. Sometimes there are very good articles in it. (Sometimes it is
completely boring, but it is free).