[thelist] DNS Lookup question

Anthony Baratta anthony at baratta.com
Tue Mar 11 12:32:35 CDT 2008

Matt...

There used to be a command in nslookup that allowed you to list all the known A and CNAME records. But most if not all DNS servers have that turned off now. It was being abused.

So now unless you publish the sub-domain somewhere or someone does a dictionary style query against the DNS server, the sub-domains are semi-private.

I wouldn't depend upon that staying private, but it's not out in the open either.