[thelist] Blog vs CMS?

Randal Rust randalrust at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 12:32:16 CDT 2008

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 1:20 PM, Hassan Schroeder
<hassan.schroeder at gmail.com> wrote:

>  The confusion arises from people labeling anything with a text input
>  field a "CMS".  You're entitled to your opinion of Wordpress, etc., but
>  calling a chihuahua a bear doesn't make it so :-)

I certainly don't want to start any holy war here, but I just had
nearly this same exact conversation with a client the other day. I
*do* think that anything that allows you to enter content is, on some
level, a CMS. However, there is a massive difference between
Wordpress, Joomla and and enterprise-level CMS.

Along those lines, there are brown bears, black bears and panda bears:)

--
Randal Rust
R.Squared Communications