[thelist] Page weight -- good examples of "light" sites?

Barry Woolgar barry at burnthebook.co.uk
Thu Mar 27 04:21:31 CDT 2008

Hello

> and www.sixapart.com (62K)

Are you counting all the associated 'first visit' files like CSS and JS? I
just 'Save As'd the sixapart.com homepage in Opera and ended up with 112K of
files. How about transfer compression? That could result in a larger site
disparity I see). Just a thought that its possibly not so clear.

I've seen a fair few sites that render nothing until they've transferred
closer to 1MB on the first load - massive javascript libraries ftw!

Barry