[thelist] Sharepoint a database?

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Thu Apr 3 15:50:38 CDT 2008

On 2 Apr 2008, at 14:30, Conyers, Dwayne wrote:

> I finally gave up on that and presented my list of development
> software to build the GUI.  The Lead's reply, "We don't need any of
> that software... SharePoint will be our front-end."

Just adding my GBP0.01 (at current exchange rates): I'm currently
suffering enforced use of web front-ended Sharepoint as a document
repository for our programme's deliverables. I'd say about 20-25% of
my time is spent fighting Sharepoint's usability failings. This may be
implementation specific of course, but whoever recommended it for us
needs shooting. The fact that none of the deliverable producers or
reviewers will touch it speaks volumes.

Cheers
Martin
(the enforced Sharepoint and email monkey)