[thelist] DSpam for the rest of us? (was RE: Why Does SpamAssassin Hate America? (Or at least justme?))

Joel D Canfield joel at bizba6.com
Fri Apr 4 10:08:23 CDT 2008

> Depends. Good ones (DSPAM for example) can be set up on a per-user
> basis without too much trouble.

<snip>

> Also useful: honeypot addresses like yumyum at easyweb.co.uk. Bots can
> harvest this from mailing list archives, and DSPAM trains multiple
> times on anything sent to that address, knowing it's spam. It learns
> new formats pretty quickly :-)

DSPAM looks like my favorite thing in the world, except with my
rudimentary and antique *NIX skills, I'd never ever get it installed and
configured.

Anyone aware of something similar (as in open source, works with MS
Exchange, personalizable filtering) for those of us who've been
attritioned into the Windows world?

joel