[thelist] What is the best IDE / RAD for PHP?

Randal Rust randalrust at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 12:03:59 CDT 2008

On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 12:53 PM, Peter Loron <peterl at standingwave.org> wrote:

> Yep. XAMPP/MAMPP is the easy way to go for development.

+1 on XAMPP.

I have set up my own PHP/MySQL/Apache installs for years. A few months
ago, I needed to upgrade to MySQL 5 so that I could give Magento a
test run and ran into all kinds of problems. It was so bad that I had
to roll back to MySQL 4. About three weeks ago, I had to rebuild a box
and I gave XAMPP a try. Although I had to mess with some settings to
get it the way I wanted it, I probably won't go back to the old way.
XAMPP was about 100 times easier to set up than the old way.

--
Randal Rust
R.Squared Communications