[thelist] Table top margin: FF woes

Julian Rickards julian.rickards at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 10:44:23 CDT 2008

Hi All:

I am having some strange issues with Firefox and its display of a
table with a caption and table margins. When I have a table with a
caption and CSS used to set margin-top: 20px;, FF (both 2.x and 3b5)
add the top margin space between the top border of the table cells and
the caption whereas IE6/7, Opera and Safari (Win) keep the caption
right up against the top border and increase the space above the
caption. IOW, FF interprets top margin as above the cells whereas
other browsers interpret the top margin as above the < table> tag.

Any suggestions?

Jules