[thelist] SEO: search results wildly different from Google to Yahoo

Joel D Canfield joel at bizba6.com
Thu May 1 18:00:06 CDT 2008

I use Google. Client (and client's friends) use Yahoo.

Searching for the words "assured" and "health" on Google, their site
(http://AssuredHealth.com/) is the first organic link.

On Yahoo, they don't exist. Okay, not in the first 15 pages, anyway.

Why are the results so wildly different? Why does Yahoo not return the
domain name words_I_searched_for_dot_com? It returns the dot net as the
first result. Searching Yahoo for assuredhealth.com returns their site,
but that's just one step above 'not web savvy' and I don't expect it to
happen.

While most web savvy types would just put the domain name in the address
bar, some of those involved are not web savvy, so I need to try to find
an answer for this to satisfy the customer (who is simply curious, not
belligerent.)

Thanks.

joel

--