[thelist] Developing in Linux

Eduardo Kienetz eduardok at gmail.com
Sun May 11 13:05:18 CDT 2008

On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 1:50 PM, Fred Jones <fredthejonester at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have tried now to switch from Windows to Linux. Thus far I feel that I
> have been unsuccessful. I posted a somewhat detailed post about this
> here:

> Before I switch back, however,I just wanted to ask evolters if there is
> something I am missing here--perhaps there are tools or tweaks for Linux
> that I didn't yet find.

Why don't you get a virtual machine (VirtualBox) installed in your
Ubuntu and have Windows in there until you get more familiar with
Linux? Or even for those few times you might really need it (who
knows... SQL Server, whatever). I know many people who were successful
with this approach.

Now, regarding one point you cited, SQLyog, have you ever tested MySQL
Workbench? Take a look: http://dev.mysql.com/workbench/?page_id=35

Regards,

--
Eduardo Bacchi Kienetz