[thelist] JS Problem - IE throwing 'null or not an object' error

Blake haswell00 at gmail.com
Wed May 14 22:13:23 CDT 2008

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 12:43 PM, David Zhou <david at nodnod.net> wrote:
> Are you making sure that you call getShoppingDescriptions() only after
> the DOM has finished loading?

Yeah, I'm using the following function to add load events:

function addLoadEvent(func) {
	var oldonload = window.onload;
	if (typeof window.onload != 'function') {
		window.onload = func;
	} else {
		window.onload = function() {
			if (oldonload) {
				oldonload();
			}
			func();
		}
	}
}

addLoadEvent(shoppingFlipper);

It's been working as expected for all my other scripts. I have 3
scripts being initiated through that function.

Also if I wasn't clear about how the HTML was structured when I said
the LIs weren't direct descentants of #description:

<li id="description">
	<ul class="container">
		<li>
		</li>