[thelist] JS Problem - IE throwing 'null or not an object' error

Christian Heilmann codepo8 at gmail.com
Thu May 15 02:19:27 CDT 2008

Ken Schaefer wrote:

> [...]
Actually the problem is that MSIE does not make any difference between
name and ID, which is why the meta description is an issue. So anything
that might be in the document as a name attribute is a problem.

http://www.sixteensmallstones.org/ie-javascript-bugs-overriding-internet-explorers-documentgetelementbyid-to-be-w3c-compliant-exposes-an-additional-bug-in-getattributes

This is once again a silly browser quirk that using a good JS library
solves for you.

Chris