[thelist] objects and site speed

Ken Schaefer Ken at adOpenStatic.com
Thu May 15 20:27:51 CDT 2008

I'm sure there's some benefit. But I suspect that it's a bit marginal.

HTTP v1.1 supports "keep-alives" so connections are re-used. All browsers support gzip or similar content compression these days, so you can already minimize the size of your HTML/CSS/Javascript/text based resources.

Certainly if you have 1 million little images files, and turn that into 10, you'll see a faster rendering view in your browser. But if you turn 20 images into 10, I doubt there'd be anything you'd notice as an end user.

Cheers
Ken