[thelist] Instance-hour

Dave Stevens evolt at davestevens.co.uk
Wed May 21 07:12:34 CDT 2008

Hi list,

I am investigating Amazon Web Services as a platform for an app I'm
developing, however I want to estimate my monthly charges before I
commit to anything. They provide the option to do this of course,
however I need to enter the estimated number of "instance-hours" I will
use per month.

Being completely unaccustomed with anything beyond very basic server
administration / setup - could anyone explain clearly what an
instance-hour actually is and how I would calculate my likely usage?

TIA,
Dave